National Honors Society
Our Chapter's Mission
- The mission of NHS is to honor students who have excelled in scholarship, leadership, service and character.
- The vision of NHS is to become the largest organization at KCP, in order to promote leadership, service and character.
What is National Honor Society?
The National Honor Society (NHS) elevates a school’s commitment to the values of scholarship, service, leadership, and character. These four pillars have been associated with membership in the organization since its inception in 1921.
Today, it is estimated that more than one million students participate in NHS activities. NHS chapters are found in all 50 states, US Territories, Canada, and around the world. Chapter membership not only recognizes students for their accomplishments, but challenges them to develop further through active involvement in school activities and community service.
As such, NHS chapters and students are in schools that care not only about student achievement, but also community engagement.
- All students completed an application and a 500 word essay, this is accompanied with a resume and letters of recommendation.
- All students needed a 3.0 GPA or higher and had to maintain 90% attendance or higher
- All students needed to complete an additional 30 community service hours
The Four Pillars of National Honor Society